Deck Membranes: All They Seam To Be
Deck Membrane Seam Importance - Vinyl deck membranes themselves are completely 100% waterproof. The places that aren't made 100% waterproof are place where two pieces of material come together, or seams. This is why seams are so important when you're trying to make a product that that is 100% waterproof across the board (or deck in this case). Our friends Grant Barlow and MyWaterproofDeck have a video that explains the importance of deck membrane seams.
HERE ARE TOPICS COVERED IN THIS VIDEO:
- The seams are bullet proof - here's why?
- Strongest, most impervious waterproof bond in the world.
- Back-welding an inside connection — and what that means.
- Fabric "wicking" and why this won't affect you.
- Encapsulating the deck skins.