Finding The Slope Of Vinyl Decking
Vinyl Decking Needs Slope - When you're building a deck that is going to be covered in a vinyl deck membrane, experts will tell you that the deck will need to be every-so-slightly sloped. "But then I'll fall over!". While it's normal to be curious as to why your deck needs to be sloped, don't worry! You're safe from falling down the slope. It's a very minimal slope, but a very important one.
HERE ARE TOPICS COVERED IN THIS VIDEO:
- What is "Slope" and why you need it.
- One quarter inch of fall per foot - why?
- Ponding" and why you cannot afford it.
- Mold and a weakening of your home or structure.
- Building in the proper "water shedding" capabilities to your deck.
Our friend Grant Barlow at MyWaterproofDeck explain all about the slope of a vinyl deck in the video below. Check it out!