Vinyl Deck Membranes
Hi, it’s Lindsey with IntelliDeck.
I thought I’d begin this blog with a simple question-
What are Deck Membranes and why should you care?
What are they?
- Deck membranes are PVC waterproof membranes that are adhere to new and existing substructures. They generally have a polyester back layer to promote glue adhesion.
- They come in variety of colors and patterns, mimicking popular plank designs and surface patterns like stone and pebbles.
- They can be applied to any smooth surface, like wood, concrete and cement.
- They are a 1 step waterproofing membrane- they don’t take several time consuming and expensive steps.
Why should I care?
- Deck membranes have been a staple in Canada for over 20 years, and now we’re launching them here in the U.S under our brand name IntelliDeck.
- The market is wide open for this product and as you already know many customers (especially decks over living spaces) are looking for an affordable waterproofing solution for their deck.
Check out our website at Intellideck.us and look at some of our designs and do some research. I’m pretty sure you’ll see some applications that’ll work for you.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions, I’d love to chat with you about it!