Step With Caution or Barefoot Friendly?
Decking Membranes Hold Heat - One of the big things that people seem to always wonder about vinyl deck membranes is "Are they hot?", and you might be surprised to learn that they aren't that hot. In-fact, some deck membranes (like IntelliDeck cool colors™) can even be cooler than ordinary treated wood decks.
HERE ARE TOPICS COVERED IN THIS VIDEO:
- This is a BIG concern for people living in the Southwest.
- Special heat-resistant properties built into vinyl waterproof deck skins.
- Very heat reflective properties compared to all others.
- The problem with composite deck materials.
- Perfect around hot tubs and pool decks because it is cool to bare feet.
- Very, very long-lasting compared to wood and most other materials.
The short video below, Grant Barlow and MyWaterproofDeck explain all about the heat qualities of vinyl membranes. Check out the video below.