Leaky Deck Membranes
Why Does It Leak? - If you own a deck and have tried waterproofing it one way or another and you're still having problems, then you should know two things. 1. You're not alone, 2. There's a reason it's leaking. Grant Barlow and MyWaterproofDeck know how to keep your deck 100% waterproof using vinyl deck membranes. They've gone ahead and made a video to describe the most common reasons why your deck is leaking.
HERE ARE TOPICS COVERED IN THIS VIDEO:
- Leaks most likely occur around the railing posts.
- The corners of the access door to your deck. (This is why we always remove the door entirely! Find out why.)
- Anything else connected to your deck.
- Any type of penetration through your deck.
- Bending a continuous piece of vinyl deck skin at a 90° straight up your exterior wall — and why.
Check out the video below.